Have you heard of that idiot list the University of Colorado put out to thwart a rape? They have since taken it down but this is what they advised:
1. Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
2. Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
3. Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
4. Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
5. If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
6. Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
7. Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
8. Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
10. Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.
Notice having a gun is not an option. Why do democrats, men in particular, think women can’t handle a gun? Are we just too emotional to make that life-changing decision? Oh wait, we are smart enough to go to the front lines and kill the enemy just not smart enough to defend ourselves in our homes against an attacker or walking on a dark street!
During the political conventions last summer, all we heard from the democrats were that the republicans hate women. They want to take your birth control away and end abortions. Of course, none of that is true but I’ll tell you what is true; democrats want to take your choice of protecting yourself away from you.
Representative Joe Salazar, from Colorado, gave a speech on the House floor of the Colorado Legislature against students carrying guns on campus as a means of protecting themselves.
“It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at,” he said during a legislative hearing. “And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble and when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop — pop a round at somebody.
That whole argument is just ridiculous. We have a God-given right to defend ourselves against someone who would harm us. No one wants to have to kill an intruder or a rapist but I bet every one who has been raped wishes they would have had a gun.
Don’t let the government or anyone else tell you you’re too stupid to handle a gun or have the right to do so. If we lose this argument we lose ever having freedom again. “Give me liberty or give me death” Patrick Henry.